Seven Reserve Component units receive awards at Pentagon ceremony
Ms. Stephanie Barna, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, hosted the 2015 Department of Defense (DoD) Reserve Family Readiness Awards presentation on Friday, February 26, 2016, at the Pentagon Hall of Heroes.
The Reserve Family Readiness Award recognizes one unit from each of the seven Reserve Components for excellence in developing programs to support their military families. The award for each unit includes a cash award from the Military Officers Association of America.
This year’s winners are:
- Army National Guard: Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 404th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade, Normal, Illinois
- S. Army Reserve: Forward Support Company, 980th Engineer Battalion, Austin, Texas
- S. Marine Corps Reserve: Combat Logistics Battalion 453, Aurora, Colorado
- S. Navy Reserve: Navy Operational Support Center North Island, San Diego, California
- Air National Guard: 157th Air Refueling Wing, Pease ANGB, New Hampshire
- S. Air Force Reserve: 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- S. Coast Guard Reserve: Port Security Unit 308, Kiln, Mississippi
The DoD Reserve Family Readiness Awards Program was established in 2000 and serves to recognize the significant impact family readiness has on mission readiness. The Reserve Components continue to support operations around the globe with more than 25,000 members currently activated.